Monday, June 22, 2009

Help the Heathers Pick Up the Track, Thurs. 8:30 p.m.

Happy little volunteer opportunity:

This Thursday, be at the Oaks Park Hangar at 8:30 p.m. and you'll be able to help the Heathers and other civic-minded souls like yourself rip the taped-down boundaries off of that blue RCR track, chop the track down into liftable squares, and hoist those squares up into a truck where they will be neatly stacked for transport to the Expo Center for Saturday's big bout.

Bring some work gloves if you can. Beers are nice, too. Leave your didgeridoo at home.

I am sad to have to miss out on this track-raising due to a prior commitment, but tell Dancing Scott I said Hi.

3 comments:

DancingScott said...

DancingScott will be there! In addition to beer, I hope to bring delicious hot buttery popcorn.

George said...

Gloves are for school girls and little old ladies! I'll be there with my bare hands! I'll bring some beer too, Dancing Scott!

missuspeasea said...

I thought the Heathers were tough. I thought they were at least tough enough to pick up a stinking track by themselves. Hell, they could be discussing strategy. Whatever. Stop trying to get out of your obligations.